Monday, September 6, 2010

No Baking

 It has been very challenging to bake and cook without an oven... but I have been creative. I wanted to make a grown-up dessert for my parents visit and I found the perfect Martha recipe!

No-Bake Fudge Brownies 
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 - 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups finely ground chocolate wafer cookies (from two 9-ounce packages)
2 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Heat chocolate and evaporated milk over medium heat, stirring, until chocolate melts and is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Set aside 1/3 cup. Combine cookies, coconut, peanuts, sugar, and salt. Pour in chocolate mixture; stir until combined. Spread mixture evenly into 9-inch dish. Spread reserved 1/3 cup chocolate over top. Sprinkle coconut evenly over chocolate. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Cut into 24 brownies. 

These peanut-and coconut-laced treats are sure to become your go-to fix for chocolate cravings.
Easy! Pretty! And everyone loved them!

3 comments:

  1. WE are so proud of our little Martha.
    Even without an oven ...she keeps food on the table for her family. She's just like her Big sissie :) And those brownies were VERY good. And I normally don't like sweets... Just kidding! I am a dessert girl although I am sure you never guessed. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try these! Look at you, Martha Stewart Jr! These look amazing! :) Looks like it was a great weekend with your parents!

    ReplyDelete