What a week...weeks! The weeks all blur into one. :) Last week our drywall was hung and taped. Monday it was sanded. Over the weekend Jeremy & I painted some old cabinets to reuse in the laundry room. Evelyn helped for a bit but then it was "Just too hot!" for her. :) Jeremy took the fire hearth off and scrubbed the inside of the fireplace. I can't believe how much more open the fireplace looks without the "big black thing." At one point I really liked it...that was until I realized we had the option of removing it. Monday evening Jeremy spent 3 hours wiping walls, Windex-ing, and mopping. Whoa! It was dusty but thankfully none really came upstairs. Tuesday evening with the wonderful help of Brittany & Jens, Haylee & Adam we primed the basement. That was exhausting! Last night Jeremy painted the ceiling and tonight we plan to add a little "Sea Salt" to the walls. My mom is coming for a long weekend to work her magic on the fireplace brick... can't wait to see how it turns out! Is it possible tile next week?!

Last time we'll see that dry wall laying on the floor or taking up the garage!
Bye-bye black hearth
Before :)
After :)
We are reusing the hardware as well;
Spray painting nickle.
Jamming & Mopping Away
This is what happens when you ask teenagers to help...
they get more on each other then the walls :)
Hilarious! Too funny. Notice I didn't get painted on :0 What a change whenI left :)
ReplyDeleteI love how you guys are doing this yourselves...it will make is so much sweeter when it's all done!
ReplyDelete