Tuesday, November 15, 2011

All you need is a shoe box

I must admit the first weekend in November I began decorating for Christmas! It was time. The Halloween decorations had to come down and it allowed me to thoroughly dust and clean and organize the attics. We are waiting to put up the Christmas tree until Thanksgiving weekend.
I have dreamed of having a mantel to decorate at Christmas and to be able to have lights without the visibility of an extension cord is definitely a gift Jeremy has given me. :) Our "Peace" stocking holders fit perfect on the mantel and with it painted it looks so pretty! I am in love.


On Friday, we took Evelyn shopping to fill shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Last year was our first year and I heard about it on KLove. It was such a fun experience with Evelyn we decided to do it again this year. We made two boxes one for a boy and one for a girl around Evelyn's age. She wrote each one a letter in hopes one or both will become her pen pal. I think it's so important for Evelyn to understand that giving is far better than receiving, and I explained to her by buying these gifts for children who may have never been given a gift in their life we are showing them God's love. She must think it's pretty special because I heard her telling her friend that we bought gifts for African children. Her friend asked why? Because we love them and so does God. :)

 Packing the shoe boxes

Evelyn got to pack the girl's and I got the boy's


Her little hand posing the boxes is so sweet!! 
She cut out the gingerbread men and added them :)


This has nothing to do with my post but still amazing!!
Check out this website http://www.corefitnesspilates.com/ my dad is a model and is so buff!
I am proud of him and glad I tried 5am yoga with him last time I was home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment