Evelyn was so excited I was there! She held my hand, told me where to sit, and waved to me when she accepted her medal. Afterwards, she came and sat next to me and I told her how proud I was and she said, "At the beginning of the year I didn't like reading until I started reading with you." It was one of those parent moments where you realize all the library trips, book worms, and voices were priceless. That every second I spent reading with Evelyn was some of the best times we spent together. I am so glad I didn't miss the AR Rewards, and we have 3rd grade to reach 100!!
Evelyn with the Principle, Mr. Young
As I was leaving the Rewards Program, Evelyn calls me and points, "Hey! I hope God blesses your day!" with a big smile. And all I could think was He already had.




They should have given you the Best Mom award at the same time. I am so proud of Evelyn and you. You are a blessing. Such a sweet post. God gave you that moment alone for a reason :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteSO SO SO SWEET- I JUST LOVE THIS LITTLE GIRL! you are such a good momma!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow...tears keep falling! That is such a touching story and think both of you are so lucky to have one another! What an amazing mom and daughter!
ReplyDelete