I just want to take some time and marvel at God’s Greatness in His Plans for our lives. As many of you know I have been looking for a new job. Although, I work with great people (in my department) I need a job that A. pays more or B. is closer to home, less gas money. In January, a close friend of mine’s husband sought after me and recruited me for a job in his department, still within the university hospital. Talks of 20% increase and future, higher job positions convinced me to interview. (Even though the application deadline had been closed, the recruiting department specifically opened the job for me to apply.) I was offered the position one late Monday evening and the reality that my raise would be a measly 25 cents. Where did this 20% go? I informed him that “I want a day to pray about it and I will get back to you on Wednesday morning.” Tuesday (February first) my mom prayed with me on my way to work, that God would give me a clear sign and direction. God gave me more than a sign; He gave me a flashing billboard saying “NO WAY” and more importantly an opportunity to witness to my dear friend.
I didn’t take the job, because that Tuesday of prayer led my friend (whose husband I was suppose to work for) to tearfully confess that she thought her husband of 23 years was having an affair. That’s all God needed me to hear; even an inkling of an idea that I would be working for a cheater was my clear “NO WAY” sign. Without hesitation I turned the job down.
What a blessing it has been. As the weeks unraveled the truth of this man’s year and a half love affair has come undone, I am so thankful I have been there for my friend. God has been so faithful throughout this heart break. I see Him in every detail, taking the mess and making it right for her and her children. God is Good. God has used me and now I see Him using her to witness to her kids and her family. It’s amazing. I can’t take any credit for this; I give God ALL the glory for always knowing the perfect plan for me. As my Heavenly Father and mom remind me, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
May you see the goodness in the mess.
May you see the goodness in the mess.





Loves hearing this story from you!! God is seriously good!
ReplyDelete