Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Expenses that Come with Owning a Home

I am officially a home owner! AND how exciting is that!
I purchased our very own washer and dryer
I never would have guessed all of my years of saving from babysitting, birthdays, graduations, Christmases, and working would help pay for my first Christmas gift to myself!
AND the funny thing is, if you all know me, I hate spending money! Well… not entirely true. I enjoy spending money on the ones I love. I would buy anything for the ones I love. BUT God clearly designed me as a saver.
Unfortunate, but happy circumstances have made us dig into my savings recently… a lovely wedding band for my groom, a down payment on our wedding photographer, a new heating and air unit, and finally the cherry on top… 
drum roll please… introducing… 
I am proud. Can’t you tell? 
Yes! I have already washed 3 loads AND I can see, feel, and smell the difference! 
The purchases I have bought, have been the best money I have ever spent (in my adult life). My groom will have a daily reminder of our love, we'll have photo memories to last a lifetime, our house has never felt so toasty warm in the winter AND it's quite, and well.. I welcomed our washer and dryer with open arms last night into their new home. I told them, "Now you be good to us, and we'll be good to you." :)

3 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment---seriously, you should feel so proud! And you look so skinny minny! That dress is going to look oh so good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so funny - i am like that as well... i don't like spending... do you think we got that from grandpa and grandma haha... i was going to say the same thing about how good you look... you are going to look amazing and i am so happy that i will be there to witness you as a gorgeous bride!!! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...you will those suckers better than anyone I know :)

    ReplyDelete