I thought of many uses for it. Keeping it as a sink, baby changing table, but finally settled on my bedroom side table.
We borrowed my friend Christina's Chalk Paint Recipe to paint the piece. Found Here: http://www.littlefashiondiary.com/antique-white-chalk-paint-recipe/
Jeremy picked out a gray color to mix with the plaster and other materials.
I painted two coats on Sunday, the 28th of October.
I finished antiquing and sealed the piece with wax
on Sunday the 4th.
For my first piece of furniture, I am pretty pleased especially because I wasn't too confident during the process. I have a dresser and two pieces for baby room, God willing, that I plan to paint with the chalk paint recipe. 2 will be white, one may just have to be Tiffany's Blue. :)
I love that it's an original piece.
I also used the paint recipe on this black/gold mirror. Awhile back while dropping off items at Goodwill a couple was donating this mirror. I made a comment that, "that's a nice mirror." He said, "You want it?" Um, Yes!
All it needed was some paint and TLC.
It'll hang somewhere in our master bedroom.




SWEET! nice work :)
ReplyDeleteSo, you should have your own TLC show of amazing re-dos! :) This is so awesome, Hannah!! I love the color you chose for both of the pieces! You seriously will need to submit your master bedroom to a magazine! It is going to be so beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete