Thursday, April 26, 2012

In the Mood

So I've been in the mood to Antique Shop.. And I've also been in the mood to begin our master oasis. I am looking for pieces that might work in our design. Therefore, I bravely went Antique "shopping" by myself. 


I tried out two stores that I had driven by before but never had the guts to go in. Conclusion: Why do Antiques cost so much? I still can't figure out how Kate finds such lovely pieces with an even lovelier price tag. I found an adorable, double school desk from Finland! Price tag $700!

One piece of furniture that would be nice to cross paths with would be a hutch for my kitchen...

There has to be something like this china hutch some where on a curb? My handy hubby could fix one to make it look like this! Is anything like this floating around in your garage? Or neighbors?

I found the Painted Cottage on Etsy and fell in love with these pieces...



I said to myself, "Self, I want to recreate this painted look with a piece of furniture." And then my designer mother reminded me of a beautiful dresser that's being "stored" in the boys' room. This was given to us by Jeremy's Mimi.

It would be perfect because it already has all the details I love! This will be transformed for our oasis or baby's room.

Our uncles in Louisville, gave us this old sink from the house they just bought and are completely renovating inside and outside. I saw this vintage sink and quickly asked if they were keeping it or getting rid of it.. and then it became ours. :)

I wish to paint but my designer likes the wood. Guess she'll have to convince me. :)
We will (and by we I mean mom & hubby, while I watch) either refinish and use as 
a.) a sink
b.) vanity for my make-up
c.) baby changing table

I have lots of ideas! And I need a job to pay for these ideas! 
And Boy, do I need a job.. Sigh!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hannah! I love this post! Those pieces from Painted Cottage are making me melt..so up my ally! You really need to go to Glendale, KY and I swear that is where we have found a lot of our pieces! Also, Ohio has all of the deals compared to here. And those pieces, Hannah, that you have would be so beautiful with the details already crafted in. I am sure your creative self, Mom and husband could transform that piece incredibly! I can't wait to see the transformation! How fun to dream and begin to make it become a reality! :) Love it and you! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete