Friday, March 9, 2012

Blessed by...

We have had the kids for 10 days since their mom is on vacation. In preparation to feed six mouths for the week (Dakota, Sam's friend, is pretty much our 3rd son), I created "The Menu." It made grocery shopping easy and helped us budget. Evelyn loves it and thinks I should create a menu every week so she doesn't have to ask what's for dinner. :)

Being a temporary stay-at-home mom (while I look for a new job), has afforded me the opportunity to grow in my mother and wife role. I have enjoyed planning, healthy meals and cooking in the kitchen. Last weekend, I baked Jeremy's favorite Butterscotch Oatmeal cookies and I am baking Chocolate Chip Bran muffins as I blog. Mmm.. the house smells good.

I officially understand the term "Taxi Mom." Jeremy said, I  need a bumper sticker in my car window! Evelyn has been fortunate enough to be a car rider all week, as well as Adam. Being temporarily at home, has been beneficial in regards to the kids school schedule, especially since Amy's been away.
Evelyn was a cheerleader in her 3rd grade basketball game last night.

I was able to spend some quality time with my cousin Brittany on Wednesday; just hanging out and watching HGTV. She had emergency appendix surgery on Monday.
Thankfully, she'll be all better very soon!

Tuesday was Arts & Crafts @ The Coates and I decorated for Spring :) I found real moss at Hobby Lobby and bought the vintage pastel eggs. They match the colors in our sitting room perfect!


It goes without saying I clean (vacuum, dust, laundry, bathrooms) everyday instead of waiting until the weekend. Jeremy's happy because I even iron his dress shirts (I despise ironing clothes). :) I found this posted on my boys' bathroom mirror while cleaning earlier this week.. how beautiful. One proud mama!
"It's not about you. It is about Jesus!"

I have been blessed by this opportunity to be at home; to help prepare and meet the daily needs of my husband and children. I've taken time for me too which I don't usually do.  I've been reading. I love reading and haven't in a long time. Finished creating our wedding books from Shutterfly. Began exercising again. I had my feet looked at by the doctor. He performed a biopsy that kept me off my feet for a week. Also had blood work done to figure out if something internally is linked to my poor feet problem. I helped Jeremy with taxes (doesn't sound fun but it was)! Finally, been able to track our monthly spending so we can create a budget. That's been a year in the making. :) Next plan is to organize this and replace with hanging folders in a free standing file cabinet. Won't that be nice. Organization is the best!

I am definitely being kept busy!!

On Monday, Enjoyed a SNOW DAY with Evelyn, too! :)

3 comments:

  1. A much more productive week than mine. :-) thanks again for coming over Wednesday. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatcha trying to do, Lady? Make a grown woman cry? The boys sign got me going!! WOW!!!! THAT is the most beautiful thing I've seen. God is soo good and I am so glad you are home for now. You are a blessing to your family.You are such a great mom :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing, Hannah! I am loving these posts! I am jealous of all that you are getting done. Wanna come over to my house and reorganize, redecorate and plan out our meals? Haha! I wish! Safe travels for your trip home to Texas! Love you!

    ReplyDelete