Thursday, September 8, 2011

While We Were Out

My parents came for Labor Day weekend and my mom has stayed all week! I love it! She has never been able to do that but since my cousins are coming this weekend they will drive her back to Ohio. From the previous blog you can see we have been busy decorating and adding final touches to the basement and kitchen. It feels so close! We were hoping to have a Fall party for Jeremy's birthday but we are thinking Valentine's Day would be fun too!
One of my favorite things my mom did was decorate my future sitting room. The upstairs living room is currently where we all have been hanging out, but once the basement will be complete the kids will resume spending most of their time downstairs and I will have my room. :) My mom sewed curtains and pillows. She found a new rug and added decorations from their home to ours. The room feels so cozy! It transforms the space and we just love it! Thank you best mom. <3

 This round table is the best kept secret! 
I had 2 tables in this corner and mom added the round and hid the smaller table underneath.
It was crowded and all the wires and computer accessories were out in the open.
Now it's all hidden underneath our new table skirt!
(That she made!)


Pillows, curtains, and new wicker chair with fresh white paint.

We moved the mirror off the fireplace and it looks a lot better. 
The front window light now reflects off the mirror.
The 4 hand painted artwork ties everything together.

My lil' seasonal table

I love this!
Mom framed the maps of Ohio, Texas, and Kentucky!

My mom bought the pale blue fabric for my June wedding 
and now they are curtains in my home!

Pineapples the universal sign for "Welcome"


2 comments:

  1. The best thing about that round table is that it was my Great Aunt Ila's card table that dad and I wanted to pitch but a lightbulb went off. I knew it would make an awesome skirted table...and I was so right. Please NOTE: that ALL the fabrics I used were from my attempts of finding the perfect fabrics for Hannah's June wedding :)I am so glad I was able to use it all. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, can I come live with you... and sit with you and drink a cup of coffee in your marvelous sitting room?! :)

    ReplyDelete