Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paper Chain


"Never continue in a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. And if you have that, along with physical health, you will have had more success than you could possibly have imagined." - Johnny Carson (1925 - 2005)

I stole this quote off of an old co-worker. And at this time, it's really speaking to me. However, I think the quote only needs one sentence; "Never continue in a job you don't enjoy." Period. 

I don't regret leaving UK at the end of December, it was time to go. It was my first "big girl job" and I had devoted 3 years to the department. Not to mention my new turban wearing boss just wasn't cutting it. I had to face the facts, things were not getting better and from what I've heard I was smart to leave.

I don't regret accepting this new job, because it came at God's timing, I've been able to spend Fridays in Evelyn's classroom, and it was my motivation to leave UK. Truth be told as unhappy as I was with my TWB (turban wearing boss) I probably would've stayed longer. Not sure why I feel so bad leaving companies that a. didn't appreciate me, b. didn't pay me enough, and c. I deserve the best!... Who am I kidding? :)

But A LOT has got me thinking... and what IS the right career for me?

The good thing is I KNOW God has a plan... and not some old-run-of-the-mill plan but THE perfect plan! 

MY human plan is to make it 64 more days... sounds like I have a paper chain count-down... maybe I do :)



Tomorrow = Day 63

1 comment:

  1. I love you and despite the stress of these "mission fields" God has put you on...you have been doing God's work BIG time. 63 more days to be the light in a dark office. God bless your work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete