Here are two rings that I would be happy to wear... but then I stummbled upon this article http://www.slate.com/id/2247473/ about a guy who is in love with his girlfriend of over 4 years and wants to spend his life with her but can't afford to buy her an engagement ring. I got to thinking and emailed my "advice giver" to see what she thought.
Welcome to our world... My mom and dad were married 16 years before she ever got a diamond engagement ring!! They exchanged bands at their ceremony. Amazing, huh? My mom told me "My children were and are way more precious to me than any size diamond!" So we asked ourselves... is TOO much materialism behind weddings and marriage? YOU bet many a girl loves her "rock" MORE than her man... Sad, huh?
That guy in the article is sort of right -- Why do guys have to put out the BIG bucks? And why is soo much attention brought on the engagement ring? "Oooo let me see your ring!" Then.. people look at it and judge its size and style. Sad isn't it? So I asked myself aren't there more valuable and meaningful things, moments, and people that I want in my life than a diamond ring? You bet! "Stuff" doesn't matter.. especially when we have been given the most precious gift of all, Our Savior.
Refreshing my Teen Bedroom
3 years ago





